Torquay Christian Fellowship is a church located on the Surf Coast of Victoria Australia – only 15 minutes drive from Geelong, 10 minutes from Anglesea, and approx 45 minutes drive from Lorne.
The Surfcoast is famous for hosting the Bells Beach Surfing Championships each Easter. Bell’s Beach is located near Jan Juc, just south of Torquay.
Our web site is regularly visited by people round the world looking for podcasts and videocasts and we love receiving emails from those who enjoy or gain some insight into God from this part of our site.
People from a wide range of backgrounds, including Anglican, Baptist, Charismatic, Church of Christ, Pentecostal, Uniting Church, and even those completely new to church have become comfortable as regulars at Torquay Christian Fellowship.
We aim to present an authentic Christianity, what C.S. Lewis called “Mere Christianity” defined not by rigid edges, but gathered around a common centre, the person of Jesus Christ. We would love to see you too!
The Baptist Union of Victoria Doctrinal Basis:-
- The divine inspiration and supreme authority of the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments.
- The existence of one God in three persons – the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.
- The deity and incarnation of the Lord Jesus Christ, who is the Son of God, the second person of the Holy Trinity.
- The fallen, sinful and lost estate of all people.
- The salvation of men and women from the penal consequences and power of sin through the perfect obedience of the Lord Jesus Christ, His atoning death, His resurrection from the dead, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His unchanging priesthood.
- The immediate work of the Holy Spirit in the regeneration of men and women, in their sanctification, and in their preservation to the heavenly Kingdom of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The necessity, in order to know salvation, of repentance towards God and of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The resurrection of the dead, and the final judgment of all people by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- The two ordinances of the Lord Jesus Christ, namely Baptism and the Lord’s Supper, which are of perpetual obligation: Baptism being the immersion of believers upon the profession of their faith in the Lord Jesus Christ, and a symbol of the fellowship of the regenerate in His death, burial and resurrection; the Lord’s Supper being a memorial, until He comes, of the sacrifice of the body and blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.